ARCHIVES OF ACOUSTICS, the journal of Polish Academy of Sciences (a quarterly founded
in 1976), publishes original papers concerning all fields of acoustics. Basically, the papers should not exceed
40 000 typographic signs (about 20 typewritten pages).
The submitted papers must be written in good English.
Follow this order when typing manuscripts: Title, Authors, their affiliations and e-mails,
Abstract, Keywords, Main text, Appendix, Acknowledgments, References, Figure Captions and then Tables.
Special care must be attached to the following rules:
- Text should be submitted with double-lined spacing and preferably in a 12 point font size.
The text should be in single-column format.
- The title of the paper should be as short as possible.
- Full names and surnames should be given.
- The full postal address of each affiliation, including the country name should be provided.
Affiliations should contain the full postal address, as well as an e-mail address of one author
designated as corresponding author.
- The text should be preceded by a concise abstract (less than 200 words).
- Keywords should be given. It is also desirable to include a list of notations used in the paper.
- The formulae to be numbered are those referred to in the paper, as well as the final formulae.
The formula number should be written on the right-hand side of the formula in round brackets.
- All notations should be written very distinctly. Special care must be taken to write small
and capital letters as precisely as possible. Explanations should be given on the margin of the manuscript
in case of a special type face.
- Vectors should be denoted by semi-bold type. Trigonometric functions are denoted by sin, cos,
tan and cot, inverse trigonometric functions - by arcsin, arccos, arctan and arccot; hyperbolic functions
are denoted by sinh, cosh, tanh and coth.
- References in the text (author(s) and year of publication) are to be cited between parentheses.
- All cited works within the text must be included in the References Section, and arranged
in alphabetical order by authors' last name. Number them from 1 to n.
- Acknowledgments should be included in a section after the main text, before the references.
- Items appearing in the reference list should include the surname and the initials of the
first name of the author, the full title of the paper/book in English followed by the information on
the original paper language.
In case of a book, the publisher's name, the place and year of publication should be given.
In case of a periodical, the full title of the periodical, consecutive volume number, current issue
number, pages, and year of publication should be given; the annual volume number must be semi-bold
so as to distinguish it from the current issue number.
- For more information on references see the attached file -
Instructions for citation and bibliographic references.
The file in PDF format containing a manuscript, tables and figures, and the cover letter
in electronic form should be sent to the e-mail address:
Upon receipt of the paper, the Editorial Office forwards it to the reviewers. Their opinions
are the basis for the Editorial Committee to determine whether the paper can be accepted for publication or not.
The Word or LaTeX source and pdf files of the final version of articles will be requested
after acceptance for publication. It should be sent in a form of CD-ROM or e-mail and must contain all
updates and other information that the final hard copy manuscript contains. High-quality illustrations
(format bitmap (gif, jpg) or PostScript, with resolution no lower than 300 dpi) should be sent along
with the manuscript.
After publication the CD-rom containing PDF version of all articles will be sent to authors.